(as of yesterday) I started to bulk up my Google+ account. With all there is to see (pictures, links, body copy, etc. etc.) you want to be able to find a balance by somehow grabbing the attention of your reader, but not annoying them with too much flash. I am the type of person that prefers simplicity because after being blasted by so much information, I tend to go into overdrive and wanna shut down sometimes. At this moment Google+ doesn’t give you many options when it comes to formatting body copy. But on the bright side, you can always edit your posts after you publish them. So with that being said I have compiled a quick cheat sheet for my fellow Google+ social media junkies incase you don't know about the ways to formate some of the body copy. Listed below are 4 tips for formatting your posts. I think it is a great way to give your copy a lil extra something without going over the top. I hope you find this information helpful.
1) Bold: Use asterisks around a word to bold it. Or around your headline, which is the first sentence
of your post.
2) Italics: Use underscores around the word(s) you want to italicize.
3) Strikethrough: Run a line through a word or sentence (strikethrough) by putting hypens around
that word or sentence.
- If you want a list to stand out in a Google+ post
- hit your space bar
- enter a hyphen
- and then hit your space bar again